The Terms of Reference define the purpose and scope of the Memorial Commission’s work.
The purpose of the community-led Grenfell Tower Memorial Commission is to establish a proposal for:
- What happens to the Grenfell Tower site in the future, assumed to be a fitting memorial to remember those who lost their lives; and
- How the memorial site will be owned and sustainably managed for the long term.
The scope of the Grenfell Tower Memorial Commission is to:
- Lead-decision-making on how the Grenfell Tower site should be used in the long term, once it is made available and ready for future use.
- Work openly, inclusively and transparently to develop a community consensus.
- Produce a report setting out its views on:
- How the Grenfell Tower site should be used in the long term and the nature of the memorial;
- Any design criteria for the memorial; and
- How the site should be owned and sustainably managed for the long term.
You can read the full terms of reference below.